[sane-devel] hp scanjet 5100c parport scanner

Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:48:09 +0200

Hi,

[Cc: sane-devel]
[please reply to the list, not to me]

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:21:59PM -0700, Al Mos wrote:
> I have the ppSCSI driver, but I don't know what to do with it.  It now
> resides in /usr/src/linux-ppscsi.patch.

I don't really know this driver, but ".patch" usually means you have
to apply this patch to the Linux kernel source, maybe it's explained
on the web page. Maybe that code is already in newer Linux kernels.
Wait for answers from the HP experts :-)

> Also, how do I get rid of the Artec driver, or does it hurt anything
> being there, wherever it is?

I don't think it will harm but you can disable it by editing dll.conf
(probably in /etc/sane.d/) and commenting out "as6e".

Bye,
  henning