[sane-devel] Umax 1220P not detected with /dev/parport0

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:07:55 +0200

	I assume you are using a kernel version >2.4.18. Since 2.4.19, and the
introduction of O_NONBLOCK semantics in /dev/parport, I get the same hangs when
my BIOS is set to EPP. These hangs do not happen with direct hardware access.
Personnaly, I set my BIOS to ECP/EPP, and all work fine.
	I suspect that pure EPP mode has an IRQ trouble, but I have no other fix
than changing BIOS settings, or downgrading kernel version.

Regards,
	Stef