[sane-devel] [BUG] xcanimage: some buttons have to be disabled while scanning

Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:02:21 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 04:55:56PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> I have found some bugs in xscanimage concerning buttons that aren't
> disabled:

Thanks for the patch. I've apllied it to CVS. Xscanimage and
sane-frontends in general get very little attention nowerdays as much
more powerful frontends like xsane and quiteinsane exist. Without
patches there won't be done much. And xscanimage has much more bugs...

> - While scanning, it is possible to press the "Acquire Preview" button, or
> even the "Scan" button again. When doing a preview, it is also possible to
> start a scan, or another preview. This causes a hangup of xscanimage. The
> only way is to kill it. Then it is impossible to use the scanner again, until a
> reboot.

Ok. However, if the backend is more intelligent it should detect that
a scan is already active and return an error. At least xscanimage test
does this :-)

> - When acquiring a preview, if you press "Preview Window" in the main
> window, it causes a segfault of xscanimage.

Oops.

> - While scanning some options are disabled (for example gamma), but if you
> change something in the "Preferences" menu, they are enabled again.

I can't reproduce that but my scanners don't have a gamma table. Are
other options also enabled again? Can you show an example? Disabling
"advanced options" during scanning seems to remove nearly all options
when using the test backend :-/

I've added the remaining issues to the TODO list.