[sane-devel] Code-freeze for sane-1.0.9 active

Erik Inge Bolsų knan@mo.himolde.no
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:36:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Major A wrote:
>> > ccc -o scanimage scanimage.o stiff.o  ../backend/.libs/libsane.a -ldl ../lib/liblib.a -lnsl -lm -ljpeg
>> > /usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.2.9.002-2/alpha-linux/bin/ld: scanimage: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 6, need 7)
>> > /usr/lib/compaq/ccc-6.2.9.002-2/alpha-linux/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
>> > make[1]: *** [scanimage] Error 1
>> >
>> > Not good, not sure what we can do about it. This error occurs after
>> > 47s though, so we have a candidate...
>>
>> What does the linker mean by "program header"?
>
>I have no idea, must be something related to the binary format. I've
>seen this before, but I can't remember a solution at all.

Hmm. According to a google search, you might try recompiling with
LDFLAGS="-N"

--
Erik I. Bolsų | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to