[sane-devel] Umax 1220P not detected with /dev/parport0

Ryan Harkin linux@harkin.org
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:00:24 +0100

Hello everyone,

Just an update on my scanner problem, sorry if I am boring you....

I have just downloaded and built kernel 2.4.18 from kernel.org and find t=
hat=20
my scanner works perfectly with /dev/parport0 as root and user.

So, the diffs between 2.4.18 and 2.4.18-14 break something on my system!

Does this mean that I should be reporting the bug to the kernel developer=
s=20
instead of here?

I suppose that there is not much point trying ECP/EPP mode as it has neve=
r=20
worked.  And there isn't much point in trying 2.4.19 because that does no=
t=20
work with EPP only according to Stef.

I guess that 2.4.18-14 from RedHat has the parport mods from 2.4.19 in th=
ere.

Also, is the fact that kernel 2.4.19 no longer supports my scanner a bug?=
!? =20
Or do I just have to live with the fact that I need to throw my scanner a=
way=20
if I ever want to upgrade my kernel in the future?