[sane-devel] why my gimp can not work with xscanimage pluging in ?

Major A andras@users.sourceforge.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 03:53:51 +0100

>      I could scan image using xscanimage program.Then I made a link of xscanimage to gimp plug-ins path,and started gimp,I got the following error message:
>
> /usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/xscanimage: GIMP support missing
> libGimp-WARNING **: gimp: wire_read: unexpected EOF

GIMP plugin support is missing in xscanimage. I suppose you compiled
xscanimage yourself -- in that case, it was unable to find the GIMP
header files. Make sure you have the GIMP development package
installed if you installed GIMP via RPM (or dpkg it your linux
distribution is Debian).

Then you will have to rebuild sane-frontends and make sure that the
two relevant lines say "yes":

  checking for libgimp/gimp.h... yes
  checking for libgimp/gimpfeatures.h... yes

Also, it says "GIMP plugin deactivated for xscanimage" in the summary
if it didn't find it.

  Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: andras@users.sourceforge.net