[sane-devel] frontends and GIMP

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:38:01 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 06:11:53PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > It looks a bit strange but it works.
> > You can compile xsane with gimp support and gtk+-2 while
> > gimp is compiled with gtk+-1.2
>
> Oh. I tried some days ago but the xsane configure script insisted on
> using gtk 1.2 when gimp 1.2 was used. When I disabled the gimp plugin,
> gtk 2.0 was used. With gimp 1.3, gtk 2.0 worked. Bu I'll try again
> later.

Yes, that is correct. gimp config returns the libraries and includes
for gtk. When gimp-config returns valid results then these results
are used, otherwise gtk-config or package config is used.

When you change the src/Makefile by hand and replace all gtk+-1.2
options by gtk+-2 options then this also works.

Bye
Oliver

--
Homepage:	http://www.rauch-domain.de