[sane-devel] No Sane Device Found

' ' jacy99@pinoymail.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:43:47 +0800

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 13:14:52 +0200, abel deuring
<a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de> wrote:
> ' ' wrote:
> >
> > This link  http://panda.mostang.com/sane/lj98/doc003.html#s2 states
> > that
> >
> > "Note that you don't have to own a scanner or a camera to play with
> > SANE. The distribution includes a pseudo-driver that simulates a
> > scanner by reading portable ``anymap'' (PNM) files".
> > This link could also be found in
> > /usr/local/doc/sane-1.0.9-pre2/sane.ps (if latex  is  installed
> >        on    your    system)
> >  Does it mean that even if i don't have a scanner or camera, i could
> > get a reply that looks like this:
> >
> > device `pnm:0' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
> > device `pnm:1' is a Noname PNM file reader virtual device
> >
> > I did follow the instruction to fetch and unpack the compressed tar
> > file, then follow the instructions in README and INSTALL. But when i
> > try to execute this command:
> >
> > scanimage --list-devices
> > the reply is "no Sane device found".
>

> See this mail, posted just ca. 3 hours ago:
>
> http://www.mostang.com/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-October/004699.html
>
> Abel

I tried the information, and PNM is already enabled, the shared and
dynamic library is in /usr/local/lib/sane.  But still the reply is no
deveice found.	I'm using Red Hat 7.3 wherein Sane 1.0.7 is installed
in the system.	I uninstall it with make uninstall then install
1.0.9.	What's the possible problem this time?

--
Sent by Pinoymail, http://www.pinoymail.com/