[sane-devel] Canon_pp errors with Sane 1.0.9

Emil Soleyman-Zomalan Emil Soleyman-Zomalan <emil@nishra.com>
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:49:41 -0700

[BOn Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Matthew Duggan wrote:

Hi Matthew,

: What kernel version and hardware (ie, motherboard) are you running?  Is it
: always 62 bytes from the end that it stops on, and if not how far in to the
: scan does it happen?

I'm running kernel 2.4.19 on a MSI KT3 Ultra motherboard. It always stops
at 62 bytes.

: I'm thinking this may be the ppdev issue other people have observed on 2.4.19
: but I've never seen myself since I still run 2.4.18.

I just came across the linux-pp mailing list. I can see that othersare
having the same problems as me.

: Try enabling force_nibble in the canon_pp.conf and see if it makes any
: difference (unfortunately this will make the difference of it running half the
: speed, which is not so nice).

I tried force_nibble but it won't find the scanner at all.

-
Emil