[sane-devel] Frontends and Mac OS X

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:05:19 -0500

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

Finally... I got X11 running on the iMac and did some more testing.
I installed XDarwin (the XF86 port to Darwin, which is the BSD base
Mac OS X is built on). Then I tried to intall gtk-2.0, and I=20
found myself in dependency hell :-) So I opted for gtk-1.2.10 instead,
which installed almost without problems. After that, compiling the
sane-frontends package was no problem anymore. It compiled, linked
and installed just fine. xscanimage works with the test backend.=20

I still have some problems with xsane: It needs some source tweaking
to make it compile, and then it requires a correction in it's
rc file after it is started for the first time. After that it
behaves the same way as it does on my Linux system (that is,=20
black and white scanning with the test backend results in an
error, but it works with the color test mode).

Karl Heinz