[sane-devel] Help compiling with gimp support (xsane)

Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:54:13 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 05:18:38AM +0800, Mark wrote:
> When I compile xsane, it's ./configure complains of no gimp libraries, hence
> no gimp support
>
> I am running Mandrake 9.
>
> ie
> ..
> checking for gimp-config... no

Well, check your system, if you have gimp-config installed.

> checking for gimptool... no

Or gimptool.

> checking for libgimp/gimp.h... no
> checking for libgimp/gimpfeatures.h... no

And the header files...

You don't have GIMP installed (completely).

> I have the following rpm gimp libraries installed
> libgimp1.2_1-1.2.3-17mdk
> libgimp1.2-1.2.3-17mdk
> gimp-1.2.3-17mdk
> gimpprint-4.2.2-2mdk
> libgimpprint1-4.2.2-2mdk

Most distributions split library packages into two parts: the normal one
containing the libraries and the -dev (or devel) version containing
headers and tools like gimp-config. Install the libgimp-dev (or devel)
package, also.

By the way, that's explained in the installation documentation
(xsane.INSTALL) :-)