[sane-devel] Scannning trouble with HP 2520A

Brett (Mare) Henley mare@shires.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:57:49 -0600 (CST)

 With abel deuring and Peter Kirchgessner helpful pointers and ideas,
the scanning problems I was having are solved. Thank you very much for helping
me with this problem it was really driving me nuts.
 It took a little doing but the end solution was to rethread the drive belt on
my scanner. The scanning unit was creeping from inertia causing the lines. By
taking apart the scanner I found I could easily move the scanning bar about
10 mm back and forth.
 End result, after several hours of head banging, the purchase of a torks
driver and help from this list. I have a solid 600 dpi scanner working. I
suspect what may have happened is the shipping lock had falled down and when
the scanner reset it hosed the way the scan head was attached to the drive
head. It's a friction attatchment kind of thing and just wasn't doing it's
thing.

Thanks everyone.

Mare