[sane-devel] mac osx

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:47:36 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 02:45:20PM +0100, John Doe wrote:
> I would like to use sane on mac os x jaguar!!
> But my problem is ro find the usb device!! in the folder /dev is
> nothing!!

Well, unless your system has a kernel USB scanner driver, that's ok.

> When I look in the system profiler I found that canonscan is pluged in
> usb ...!!

I don't think we have had any success report from MacOS USB users, but
maybe I have missed one.

You must first install libusb which claims to support your operating
system. When libusb is installed, build sane-backends 1.0.9 again
(make distclean; ./configure ; make ; make install). Make sure, thal
libusb was really found during configure (check for LIBS=-lusb).

Tell us, what sane-find-scanner -v -v prints after libusb was
installed successfully.