[sane-devel] Re: Re: IO-error in sane/Xsane using IDE over SCSI

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:56:57 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:39:07PM +0100, Katja und Siegfried Haas wrote:
>    My Kernel is 2.4.10-4GB

Try a later one to see if the ide-scsi issue is fixed.

>    I have allready reduced the mustek.config to the very basics and in
>    the sane.dll there is only mustek activated
>    How do I activate the debug messages?

By setting the envronment variable SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=255 (maximum
output). For additional SCSI messages: SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255.
See man sane-mustek and man sane-scsi.

>    My sane-version  is 0.79

No :-) The latest sane-backends version is 1.0-9. Probably you are
talking about xsane. The version of sane-backends is more important.

> and sane /scanimage does not prompt an
>    errormessage but seams to get stuck/the bash doesn't turn back to
>    the prompt and afterwards when trying to open the pnm with gimp it
>    is said, that there is an unexpected end of the file and gimp can't
>    open the picutre.

Really looks like a kernel bug.

> And anyway - do you have an idea, why the scanner works as root via sane

You mean via xsane?

> and doesn't as normal user?!

If the difference is really root/non-root I have no idea.

> And where can I look up the scan-commands for sane?! Is there any
> summary on the web?

man scanimage
scanimage -d mustek --help