[sane-devel] mac osx

Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:46:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm sending this to the list again. Please reply to the list, not me.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:01:07AM +0100, John Doe wrote:
> Ok i have search for usb_get_busses!!
> I have not found and the point configure_3203 doesn?t exist in the
> config.log!!
> When I start the /.configure the usb.h is not found!!

It should print something like
checking for usb.h... (cached) no
in this case. That means, that it didn't really check but uses the
cached values.

> I have configure it new and the usb.h is found!! But why? Is it
> possible that make distclean not all componetes clean up?

I have never heard about that. However, you are using a new platform,
so who knows?

You can also remove config.cache manually, that's where the values are
stored.

> In the attachment I have make the configure from the shell make and
> make install!! I have copy paste it!!
> Sorry about rtf !! This time I hope it is better!!

Yes.

> OK in the make install I found:
> their two errors:
>
> 1.
> /usr/bin/install: sane.dvi: No such file or directory
> make[1]: [install] Error 71 (ignored)
> making install in tools
> 2.
> /bin/sh: latex: command not found
> make[1]: [sane.ps] Error 127 (ignored)
> ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/man/man1 /usr/local/man/man5 \

Both are ok. You don't have latex installed. But you only need latex,
if you want to read the SANE standard document.

> ./sane-find-scanner -v -v
>
> searching for SCSI scanners:
>   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
> sure that
>   # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
>
> searching for USB scanners:
> trying libusb:
> device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured

I'm not sure, what this means.

> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2206 [CanoScan]) at
> libusb:-06:002
> device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured

Well, the -6 looks a bit suspicious.

> But no really device is found!!! I can?t scan!!! I have no /dev/ ...
> !!!

The scanner is a N650U/N656U? It's supported by the plustek backend.
Edit plustek.conf (probably in /usr/local/etc/sane.d/). Go to the end
of the file. Search for "device /dev/usbscanner". Change that to
device libusb:-06:002

I'm not sure if that works, but you can give it a try. If it doesn't
work, show us

SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 scanimage -L