[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1660 photo -> Driver(s)

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Oct 2 17:22:23 BST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 05:48:40AM -0400, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> I've never seen this message. It sounds like a problem with your
> Sane installation. Maybe Oliver can shed some light on this.

As XSane does not contain such an error message I guess John means "no
devices available". That's just a general message and means that none
of the SANE backends could find any supported SANE devices.

John: Please provide more details: Is it found by the kernel USB
system and sane-find-scanner? Maybe a permission problem? Or the
kernel scanner driver doesn't know its vendor and product ids?