[sane-devel] USB scanners page.

David Paschal paschal at rcsis.com
Wed Oct 2 22:52:43 BST 2002

Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> I have just uploaded an update to the "USB Scanners under Linux". I
> would be grateful if people could check the page out an let me know
> of any errors and or omissions.

Hi, Jonathan.  I took a look at both the parallel-port and USB pages.
Could you add to both pages references to the HP OfficeJet Linux driver
project (homepage="http://hpoj.sourceforge.net", supported devices list=
"http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/suplist.shtml")?  There's some out-dated
information about a few HP MFPs on your parallel-port page.  I keep the
hpoj supported-devices page updated whenever new models come out, so
rather than trying to maintain your own separate list of models, you
might want to just link to the hpoj supported-devices page instead from
your parallel-port and USB pages.  Note that scanning on these devices
is performed with the "hpoj" SANE backend, which is distributed with
the hpoj software rather than SANE itself.  (FWIW your color schemes
also seem to be a little inconsistent between the two pages.)

On a related note, the SANE "related projects" page lists the hpoj
project in the "not SANE compliant, but SANE support planned" category,
which is no longer accurate since the latest version is SANE-compliant,
as is reflected in the current "sane-backends-external.html".  Could
somebody (Oliver?) fix this too?

Thanks,
David