[sane-devel] New Epson Scanners

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed Oct 9 14:47:54 BST 2002

Now I did the following:

export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=12
xsane > EpsPerf1260-debug.txt

In xsane I chose the normal scanning mode, did a preview scan (only
scanhead light was on), then I chose the transparency, did a preview
scan (only TPA light was on), switched to negative, and did a third
preview scan (both lights went on).

Then I switched back to normal, preview again (only scanhead light on),
negative, preview (only TPA light on), transparency, preview (both
lights on), normal, preview (only scanhead light on).

Now I left xsane. The debug output file EpsPerf1260-debug.txt is attached.

The scanning quality for negatives is not very good, but I don't know
really how to calibrate the scannet to give correct colors when scanning
negatives. I don't have slides for testing scanning from slides.

    Till

Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
> On Friday, 4. October 2002 21:09, you wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
> I'll check this...
> Can you enable the debug messages and send me the output,
> esp. the case where the switching does not work?

[...]