[sane-devel] New Epson Scanners

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Oct 10 15:28:32 BST 2002

We are much more far away than before. There is no light at all. I have
taken a clean sane-backends 1.0.9pre1 and uncompressed your Plustek
source tarball in it. After the usual "./configure; make; make install"
I set "option enableTPA 1" in the plustek.conf file, and then did the
same test as before with xsane, redirecting the debug output into a file
(attached). In xsane I chose "Normal", did a pre-scan, "Transparency",
pre-scan, "Negative", pre-scan, "Normal", pre-scan, and then I closed
xsane. In no case any of the two light was on, neither the scan head nor
the TPA. Super economy mode, but the scans get somewhat to dark without
light.

In addition, negatives and transparencies were scanned at the wrong
place, too close to the border of the scanning glass, far away from the
hole for the negative/slide in the frame. Did you really set the
coordinates? For me it looks as it behaves as before without manually
setting the coordinates.

In addition, the scanner needs a rather long time before it starts to scan.

    Till