[sane-devel] Permission denied on parallel port Epson Expression636

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Sat Oct 12 01:19:58 BST 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 07:48:04PM -0500, Petr Hlustik wrote:
> Well, after I've written all this, I remembered I brought in my Debian
> Sarge laptop - so I installed sane there and tried the scanner there after
> modyfing the sane.d/epson.conf. I ran sudo xsane just fine. I guess I did
> mess up the parallel port on my desktop box after all. :-(

I doubt that you've messed up the parallel port. It's more likely that
you did something to the configuration of your system that makes your
scanner unuseable.

I would try to recreate the configuration you had when the scanner worked.
I know that this is pretty complicated, but I am pretty sure that this
will work.

Karl Heinz

Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk at khk.net
PGP Key at                 http://www.khk.net/download/khk.asc