[sane-devel] Build Errors On FreeBSD 4.6 - For Plustek Backend

Ryan Budge ryan at smarthand.co.za
Wed Oct 16 08:09:56 BST 2002

Ok let me explain.

 Sane-1.0.8 is in the ports collection, and it installs from there in
the usual way fine.  What I want to do is get the latest plustek backend
working to get my Canon N650U working.

I deleted my sane installation and followed the instructions in the
INSTALL file in plustek-sane-0_44_9.tar.gz that I got off the plustek
site (http://www.gjaeger.de/scanner/plustek.html)

I did
1. CFLAGS="-g -O -Wall" ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
2. And got

"Makefile", line 76: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 78: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 80: Need an operator
Error expanding embedded variable.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/home/budgie/sane/sane-backends-1.0.8.

If I try to make the driver only I get
su-2.05a# make
"Makefile", line 52: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 54: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 60: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 62: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 65: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 68: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 70: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 72: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 74: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 76: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 108: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 110: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 118: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 121: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 123: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 124: Need an operator
Error expanding embedded variable.

Any ideas ?

Im sure that its something that I have not done or some BSD issue that
/me newbie does not get.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan

Regards,