[sane-devel] "Tollyboy Products"

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Wed Oct 16 16:44:05 BST 2002

I have made all mailing lists on linuxprinting.org subscriber-only to
avoid spam getting onto the lists. If this guy is not subscribed (which
is probably the case) one could block him out by making the SANE
subscriber-only, too. If he subscribes to lists only to get spam onto
them, the list admin should unsubscribe him, and if the mailing list
software allows it, blacklist his address against re-subscribing.

It is very awkward for every list user to set up filter rules personally.

In addition, scanning problems can never be solved by auto-responders,
also they don't give any suggestion to make SANE better. Should postings
which are obviously from auto-responders be blocked out in general? At
least the sender domain "tollyboy.com" should be blocked.

You are explaining the exact steps how to set a filter rule which
deletes these mails (or does it even forward them automatically to
uce at ftc.gov?), but you don't tell which mail client you are using. My
Mozilla has no "Filter" pull-down menu (but also a filter dialog, but
this dialog has no auto-forwarding to uce at ftc.gov).

    Till