[sane-devel] Frontends and Mac OS X

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Sun Oct 27 13:05:19 GMT 2002

Finally... I got X11 running on the iMac and did some more testing.
I installed XDarwin (the XF86 port to Darwin, which is the BSD base
Mac OS X is built on). Then I tried to intall gtk-2.0, and I
found myself in dependency hell :-) So I opted for gtk-1.2.10 instead,
which installed almost without problems. After that, compiling the
sane-frontends package was no problem anymore. It compiled, linked
and installed just fine. xscanimage works with the test backend.

I still have some problems with xsane: It needs some source tweaking
to make it compile, and then it requires a correction in it's
rc file after it is started for the first time. After that it
behaves the same way as it does on my Linux system (that is,
black and white scanning with the test backend results in an
error, but it works with the color test mode).

Karl Heinz