[sane-devel] Umax Astra 1200S freezing up

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:00:08 +0200

Alan & Lori Smith wrote:
> I would like to think it is something that simple - but I have received
> the same results with three different SCSI cards and three different
> cables.
> I also get the same results with the terminator on or off, and with all
> variations of the SCSI bios settings.  Also, all three cards and cables
> worked fine in Windows.
> I don't really think that it has to do with the UMAX backend though, as
> I get the exact same symptoms running VistaScan under CrossOver Office,
> so I
> think it may have more to do with Linux (or the distro I am using) than
> with Sane.

Could be the SCSI layers, i.e., the sanei_scsi library -- this library
is also used by Vuescan --, or the SCSI system of the kernel. Do you see
anything suspicious in /var/log/messages ? And could you run another
test, whit SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=255, and SANE_DEBUG_UMAX=255 ?

Abel