[sane-devel] HP 5490cse

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 20:08:58 +0200

Hi Igor,

If you don't know how to code in C, you can still help by taking USB logs
from the windows driver using a program called USB snoopy.

Preferably start with very simple things, like monitoring the polls that
the driver
does to see if a button was pressed, switching the scanner lamp on and
off etc.
For my research on the HP3300c scanner, I used a patched version of
usbsnoopy that does not log all bulk data (but merely the amount of it),
which prevents flooding the log and possibly missing some data.
This patched version might help you too.

You could post the logs on a website, post a link in sane-devel and hope
someone with both a HP54xx scanner, C & Linux knowledge picks it up.

Regards,
Bertrik Sikken