[sane-devel] Scanner buttons (kind of RFC)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders@acm.org
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Oliver Rauch wrote:

> Yes.
> The button protocoll should not be implemented this way.
> The button protocoll has to be network safe. Imagine what happens
> when 10 frontends poll the buttons at the same time and someone
> does press a button, then up to 10 different people do scan
> the document you want to scan.

I'd like to see, and of course I haven't done much beyond getting sane to
work for me, the back end be able to handle the buttons.  I have an Epson
Perfection 1650 Photo.  So if it detects the 'Print' button it runs a
'local' script that could run scanimage and send the output to a printer -
sort of like a Photo Copier.  If the FAX button is pressed it runs a
different local script that does something FAXy.

Cheers,
Rod