[sane-devel] New Epson Perfection 1650 scanner

David Lerner dslerner@ieee.org
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 00:15:00 -0400

I am new to SANE, so please excuse some of my ignorance.

I have a new Epson Perfection 1650 scanner and I am trying to use it
with a 2.4.19 kernel and the sane-backends-1.08 package. I have
uncommented the line: "usb /dev/usb/scanner0" line in
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/epson.conf. I have also included USB scanner
support as a kernel module.

/usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner reports:
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x04b8, product =
0x0110) at device /dev/usb/scanner0
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x04b8, product =
0x0110) at device /dev/usbscanner

I have set permissions to 666 on /dev/usb/scanner0

If I run /usr/local/bin/scanimage -L the program just hangs.

/usr/local/bin/scanimage -d epson also hangs.

The software that cane with the scanner is identified as applying
the the 1250/1650 series. This worries me as the 1250 is reported as
being unsupported.

Is there a problem with recently produced models of this scanner or
should I go back to reading the documentation.

Thanks in advance,
Dave