[sane-devel] Backend freeze for SANE 1.0.9
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:27:24 +0200
Backend freeze for 1.0.9 is now active. That means no new backends are
allowed to be added to the SANE distribution until release.
The schedule is:
2002-09-29 feature freeze
2002-10-13 code freeze
Feature freeze means that only bug fixes and documentation updates are
allowed. After code freeze only fixes of grave bugs that render a
backend completely unusable or break compilation and documentation
updates are accepted.
This is the current NEWS file. Corrections and other comments are
New with 1.0.9, released 2002-10-20:
* New backends: hpsj5s (Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5S parport scanner),
teco2 (some Relisys/Primax SCSI flatbed scanners, models VM3575, VM6565,
VM6586 and VM6575), teco3 (some Relisys/Piotech/Trust/Plustek SCSI
flatbed scanners, model VM3552).
* Updated backends: avision, canon_pp, coolscan2, epson, fujitsu, hp,
microtek, mustek, mustek_usb, pie, plustek, snapscan, teco1, test, umax,
* sane-find-scanner finds more scanners and has more verbosity options now.
* New tool to create gamma tables (gamma4scanimage).
* Support for ICC profiles for scanimage.
* USB scanner should work on all systems supported by libusb now.
* Portability fixes (especially for big-endian sytems, Irix, OpenStep, OS/2,
* New and updated translations for various backends.
* New system for generating lists of manufacturers/backends.
* Various documentation updates.