[sane-devel] New version of the gt68xx backend released

Irvin Probst irvin@irvinig.org
22 Sep 2002 23:49:27 +0200

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 22:48, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in reports from testers. Especially if I broke the
> GT-6816 scanners (BearPaw 1200TA, 2400TA) while changing the
> gain/exposure control. And I want to know, which resolutions work for
> which scanner. I can only test the BearPaw 1200 CU currently.

Here are the results for a mustek 1200 UB Plus, with full scan, safe
preview and automatic gain turned off, 8bits depth, enhancement and
geometry with default values.
W&B: 50, 75, 150, 300, 600 dpi work well now
For 1200 dpi, the scan process seems to work, but when I try to load the
pnm file gimp says "premature end of file" (or something like that).
However the pnm file is really big (144 MB) and it may be a problem with
gimp.
Color: 50, 75, 150, 300, 600 dpi work well too with very good colors
now.
Same problem as W&B for 1200 dpi (ohh my god it takes one hour to scan a
full A4 page at 1200dpi with this scanner). However for color and w&b if
I scan just a little part of the image the resulting file is loaded by
gimp.
The scan head never bumped out of the scan area while I was testing.

--
Irvin Probst