[sane-devel] Sane and microtek2 hangs on large scans

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:26:41 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:19:02AM +0000, Edenyard wrote:
>    I read somewhere that I should add to /etc/profile the line
> "export SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE=1048576". I tried that and rebooted but it
> made no real difference. I tried varying the number in powers of 2
> downwards once or twice but that didn't cure the problem either.

I can't help with your original problem but some comments about this:

That's the SCSI generic buffer size and increasing it may help in some
cases for SCSI scanners. I'm not sure if it does work for these
SCSI-over-parport scanners at all, however.

Anyway, you don't need to reboot. Something like
"SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE=somevalue scanimage --someoption" will be ok.