[sane-devel] epson 2450 firewire configuration

abel deuring a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:00:20 +0200

rob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the 2450 to work with the firewire interface. First
> question: it should be possible shouldn't it? I seem to remember seeing
> a post to the news group that said it was but I can no longer find it so
> perhaps I imagined it:(
>
> Any way I've got as far as
> sane-find-scanner  finds it corretly :)
>
> found SCSI processor "EPSON GT-9700 1.05" at /dev/scanner
> found SCSI processor "EPSON GT-9700 1.05" at /dev/sg0
>   # Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported by
> SANE. Try
>  # scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
 >
 > but scanimage -L dosen't find it :(
 > Is there something else I need to do ?

For SCSI devices (and "SCSI-over-[firewire|parport|...] devices),
sane-find-scanner simply looks for devices which identfy themself as
type "scanner" and type "processor". This does not necessarily mean that
a Sane backend supports that device.

 From the file epson.desc:

:model "Perfection 2450"
:comment "IEEE-1394 is not supported"
:interface "USB"
:status :stable

Karl-Heinz can probably tell you, why the firewire interface is not
supported.

Abel