[sane-devel] Test devices

Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:53:10 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 09:38:53PM +0200, Willem de Wilde wrote:
> After compiling backend 1.0.8. Xsane finds some "bonus" devices,
> - frontend-tester test:0
> - frontend-tester test:1
> - st400:/dev/scanner
>
> Starting up Xsane takes now forever because it searches everywhere
> and I have to choose all the time.
>
> How do I get rid of these devices and have Xsane startup a little
> bit faster ?

That usually means that you compiled static libraries and not shared
one. So all the SANE backends are linked to XSane on all are started.
In the case of shared libs, only the ones mentioned in dll.conf are
run.

You didn't by accident run configure with --disable-shared or
--enable-static? Check the filesize of xsane and look if its linked
dynamically against libsane (ldd).

If it's not linked statically, check dll.conf and disable all uneeded
backends.