[sane-devel] Help request

Paul Baker burke@suncoastnetworks.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:26:51 -0500

	I made a mistake the other day, and I'd appreciate it if someone could
tell me how to correct it.

	I decided to have a look at sending a fax with Xsane.  I changed the
function from viewer to fax, had a look at what all was involved, then
tried to close the window.  It wouldn't close, so I killed it, instead
of just switching the mode back to viewer.

	If I remember right, when the fax window first opened there were
several buttons (Insert file, Show page, Rename page & Delete page), the
phone number field, the filename field, a text window, and another
button at the bottom that I think was to start the scanner working.

	After I screwed it up, everything is still displayed, and the button at
the very bottom is Create project, now.  The filename field and the
Create project button are the only things I can interact with now.  If I
click on the Create project button, it gives me an error message saying
"Error during save:  Could not create secure file (may be a link does
exist):", followed by the filename.

	I'm hoping there's just a data file somewhere that I can delete and
make a fresh start, but I can't find it.  I searched the disk for files
created in that time frame, that looked like they belonged to Sane, and
deleted them but it didn't change anything.

	From the command line I see:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkimage.c: line 416 (gdk_image_destroy):
assertion `image != NULL' failed.

	That message appears on the Xsane startup and repeats four times.  I
don't get any other error messages on the command line when I try the
fax function.

	Thanks in advance.