[sane-devel] Compiling CVS, problems with po files: multiple definitions

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:53:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:09:25 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 08:15:30PM +0200, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
>> I just tried and checked out sane-backends and did:
>> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-translations
>> make all
>>
>> And had no problems so far!

I also don't have problems if I use gettext 0.10.35

>> I'm willing to correct the plustek stuff, but I can't find the problem
>
>Looks like the OS/2 gettext is more picky. "Negative" is already
>defined in saneopts.de.po and .es.po. So you don't need to use it in
>your po files as saneopts is included.
>
>Probably the same for umax_pp.

Yes, but I don't think it's a OS/2 specific symptom. You will probably run
into troubles when using newer gettext versions on other OSes

The gettext version that does not allow multiple definitions here is
version number 0.11.2

Bye
Franz