[sane-devel] Film adaptor unit

Barry Kirsten bjkirsten at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 11 23:12:41 BST 2002

Greetings everybody.

I have a problem with Xsane 0.84 and a Canon Canoscan 600 film adaptor unit
running under Mandrake Linux 8.2

The problem is that in Xsane there is no button to select the FAU and
therefore the unit scans negatives and transparencies as opaque documents. I
know from the documentation that there should be a Scansource button to allow
selection of flatbed, transparency or document feeder, but this does not come
up. The scanner works perfectly in all modes under Windows (which I do not
use), so I believe the problem is with Xsane.

If anyone can offer help with this, would they please email me direct, as I
just haven't the time to be involved with another list?

Many thanks,
Barry