[sane-devel] Saphir Ultra II color changes?

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:27:01 +0200

There is an option "use custom gamma table". When you enable this
option then the gamma correction of a scan (not preview) is done in
the scanner. When you disable it the gamma correction is done
in xsane. The gamma correction of the preview always is done in
xsane.

But I do not think that this is the reason.

May be you have a problem with the lamp or the calibration.

What results when you do:

- preview #1
- scan #1
- preview #2
- scan #2

(always the same areas and images).

Oliver

On Thursday 03 April 2003 16:04, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> -- I hope this is not a duplicated mail for You, my SuSE8.0email is :( =
 --
> Hi Oliver,
> sorry I maybe said it somewhat unclear. The rgb-pixels align right - no
> geometric shift. The difference from preview to final scan is: I see an
> yellowish preview an get an bluish scan. It locks like xsane uses an
> other method for preview than for the final scan. I remember to have re=
ad
> about gammatables in the scanner versus gamma correcting in (x)sane, th=
is
> would give an good explanation.
>
> Kai-Uwe
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
> - Good informations depends on our courage to bear them.               =
-
> - Desinformation may become very inconvenient sometimes.               =
-
> - <http://www.indymedia.org>                                           =
-
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-

> Am 02.04.03, 21:31 +0200 schrieb Oliver Rauch:
> > Hello.
> >
> > The SAPHIR4/PL-III put the colors together to one line
> > in the scanner, not in the driver.
> >
> > I myself use the PL-III without such problems.
> >
> > Please send a SMALL example image to me (not to the list).
> >
> > Best regards
> > Oliver
> >
> > On Wednesday 02 April 2003 19:48, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > > Hi Listmenbers,
> > > I compiled sane-1.0.11 from source to solve some problems with the
> > > Linotype SAPHIR4 alias Saphir Ultra II  equal to PL-III.
> > >
> > > As reported earlier the preview of xsane(0.90) and the final scan a=
re
> > > very different. This happens to the SU-II as well.
> > > Following a hint to solve this, I tried to update sane as it was
> > > expected to be driver related. Now sane compiles and shows me the
> > > scanner but dont like to support him instantly.
> > > sane-find-scanner: found SCSI scanner "Linotype SAPHIR4 V1.5" at de=
vice
> > > /dev/sg1
> > > scanimage -L showed only after some compilations of sane the scanne=
> > >
> > > The previously used sane-1.0.7 and -1.0.8 from SuSE worked without =
any
> > > problems. (Would like to know what they did.)
> > >
> > > I checked the umax*.* files and it looked to me as all would be pro=
per
> > > - Linotype SAPHIR4 was defined as supported on some lines.
> > >
> > > Now as I can use sane-1.0.11 the situation is the same: big color
> > > shifts between preview and final scans. Is it possible to aviod the
> > > different scanmodes of preview and final scanns via an option till =
> [...]

--=20