[sane-devel] Could not locate Fujitsu fi-410c (untested?)

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 21:29:45 -0400 (EDT)

i have just recently gotten a 4120 myself. i am using the scsi port, not=20
the usb. i added some basic support to the fujitsu driver, and it was=20
placed in the cvs copy just a few days ago. so, you must use the latest=20
cvs source of sane to use this scanner. ( i was fortunate enough to follow=
=20
behind ron cemer, who did most of the hard work)

the different device numbers should not matter, since the fujitsu driver=20
uses the inquiry command (iirc) and string compairison to determine the=20
model, and both numbers you listed are associated with the 4x20 pair of=20
scanners, which are similar enough to make no difference.

it is possible that you may see some color inversion using this scanner,=20
expect a patch in the next few days to address that.

btw, i HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you upgrade your os to at least=20
redhat 7.3 and apply every errata patch from updates.redhat.com, if you=20
are going to put the machine in question on the net. 7.1 contains many=20
security issues.

allan