[sane-devel] Is it ok to remove libusb? Still can not scan both sides with fi-4120c

Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:52:11 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 06:40:46AM -0500, Peter Chen wrote:
> I read your previous emails. Please see my replies below.

Ok. But I'll CC the mailing list again because I'm have not much clue
baout the specifics of the fujitsu backend itsself.

> In your previous email, you said you would be surprised to see if removing
> libusb is of any interest to locate the scanner. Since it's working now
> after removing libusb, is it harmful to remove libusb?

If you don't use other USB applications (e.g. a camera using gphoto2)
I don't think it's harmful.

> In your previous email, you said I should remove old SANE stuff before
> installing SANE CVS which I did, but it is still not working.

You said xscanimage doesn't find your scanner but scanimage does. The
reason for such a behaviour is more than one SANE installation.

> (Actually I tried to use xscanimage and chose to scan both sides via
> xscanimage's GUI.)

Now that's a completely different problem. Try scanimage and use the
options for batch-scanning (see manpage).

Maybe xsane's batch-scanning options also work here. But I'm
speculating, the fujitsu backend maintainers should have more details.