[sane-devel] No devices found with mustek III ep plus

edg1@tiscali.be edg1@tiscali.be
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:08:21 +0200

>From: Donald Quaid <dquaid@kittypuss.org>
>To: sane-devel@www.mostang.com
>Subject: [sane-devel] No devices found with mustek III ep plus
>Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:23:48 -0500
>

>[root@mew ntr]# SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=255 scanimage
>[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of mustek_pp to 255.
>[mustek_pp] sane-mustek_pp, version 0.12-alpha. build for SANE 1.0.11
>[mustek_pp] backend by Jochen Eisinger <jochen.eisinger@gmx.net>
>[mustek_pp] sane_init: parse error in line 13: unexpected  ``option''
>
> [...]
>
>/etc/sane.d/dll.conf has
>mustek
>mustek_pp
>
>both Un commented.
>
>sorry if I forgot anything else, I have been
>smashing my keyboard in frustration over this.

The parse errors occur when parsing the mustek_pp.conf file
(probably also in /etc/sane.d, possibly in /usr/local/etc/sane.d).

The format of the configuration file has changed between 1.0.9 and
1.0.10, so maybe you are using an old format. (Or you have a
mustek_pp.conf file at both locations, and sane is picking up
the wrong one).

Your mustek_pp.conf file should only contain something
like this (assuming it's a CCD scanner, not a CIS).

scanner Mustek-III-EP+ 0x378 ccd300

Regards,

Eddy

U surft met een klassieke telefoonlijn?
Bespaar tot 25% met Tiscali Complete !
Speciaal aanbod : eerste abonnementsjaar gratis.
... Meer info op http://complete.tiscali.be