[sane-devel] Vidar DiagnosticPRO Plus

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:43:00 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:35:35AM +0200, Roberto Carlos Lozano Lopez wrote:
> I got a Vidar DiagnosticPRO Plus (a SCSI Vidar Film Digitizer) and I'm
> looking for info about how to make it work under "UNIX" (GNU/Linux or
> {Free,Net,Open}BSD).
>
> http://www.filmdigitizer.com/DiagnosticPRO%20Data%20Sheet%20Update.pdf
>
> Does SANE support this device?

I don't think so. But maybe it's based on hardware that's used in
already supported scanners?

> Is it in the ToDO List to support it?

No, at least not on the global SANE TODO. And it's extremely unlikely
that anyone writes drivers for such specialized devices just for fun.
So it's up to the pople who own these devices to write the driver.
Yes, that's you :-)

> Does anybody know another way to make it work under "UNIX" if not?

- Ask the vendor for a Linux/Unix driver. I guess that's high-proced
  equipment so you may have more luck than with 60 Euro scanners.

- Write a driver yourself.

- There is also a commercial scan program, but I haven't checked if it
  supported that scanner: http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html