[sane-devel] still problems from xinetd

sane@lottasophie.de sane@lottasophie.de
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:25:50 +0200

On 2003.04.11 00:59 Karl O. Pinc wrote:

> I know little of sane, but I'd not expect 'saned -d' to work when
> started from xinetd. I'd think you'd have to get rid of the -d.

> You'd use 'saned -d' in a terminal window to debug, then switch to
> regular 'saned' when it's working and you run it from xinetd.

Um, yes, that what I do -- my posting was not clear in this point.

Once again the problem:
- Running saned -d from a terminal window: everything is fine.
- saned started from xinetd: I can't scan or aquire a preview. I even
tried it with a wrapper script in several variations; the error
remains.=20

When I call saned -d from this wrapper skript, I can't even connect
(which tells me that this is indeed not the solution ;-). Wenn I try
something like saned 2>>/var/log/saned.log, the log file stays empty!

I really guess it is the cleartext status message sent to the client
which causes the error.

CU,

J=F6rg