[sane-devel] Problems with CX-3200

Tyler Montbriand tsm@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:40:03 -0600

On Thursday 10 April 2003 07:35 pm, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> If you want to install Sane from scratch, you would at least upgrade
> to the latest version. It's possible that this fixes your problem.
> This is not a promise, just a suggestion :-)

Okay, I've installed sane-backends 1.0.11, sane-frontends-1.0.10, and=20
xsane-0.90 from source... scanner is behaving better now.  Xsane actually=
=20
waits for the scanner to warm up now.

When the scanner finishes warming up, Xsane gives me a popup window with=20
'invalid argument in read', but when I click it away, Xsane doesn't enter=
 an=20
infinite loop any more.  I don't even have to restart it, just click 'aqu=
ire=20
preview' again and Xsane does so without incident.  :)

So, much better, but still not perfect.  Has anyone encountered this erro=
r=20
before?