[sane-devel] Questions on dust-removal and infrared support on Nikon

Laurent-jan ljm@xs4all.nl
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:42:48 +0200

Major A wrote:

>>Although the new coolscan backend supports the IR-channel, I cannot
>>get this combination working again. So I have two questions:
>>

> Coolscan2 has a different way of transferring the IR image to the
> frontend. Read the sane-coolscan manpage for more information. Note
> that the R channel correction done by the coolscan backend is not
> available in coolscan2 (because it doesn't make sense to do it in the
> backend). I suggest you code that into the GIMP plugin.
>

>>2)One of the things the coolscan2-backend is trying to do is
>>to incorporate dust-removal in the backend. I cannot find the
>>status of this. If needed, I can do some testing on the LS2000.
>>

> No, but there are plans for a meta-backend, but for the moment the
> only dust-removal code is in duster.c in Coolscan2 CVS on
> SourceForge. Please give it a try if you feel like hacking a bit.
>
>   Andras

After the remarks by Oliver and Andreas, I decided to try the
stand-alone program for dust correction. Downloaded it, compiled
it and tried to understand what it does.  It seems that the duster
program requires a separate file containing the IR-chanel. I could

not find this option in any frontend.

How do you make such a file?

ljm

--
(c) ljm @ xs4all . nl.  No part of this copyright message may be
reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including