[sane-devel] Last call for new backends

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:55:59 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 08:31:40AM +0200, Thomas Soumarmon wrote:
> I would be very pleased if someone would help us for the integration of the
> hp5400 backend.

There is a snapshot of sane-backends including the hp5400 backend:

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/snapshots/sane-backends-2003-04-15-2.tar.gz

The code compiles on Linux/i386, Tru64, HPUX/Itanium, NetBSD/Alpha and
FreeBSD/Alpha.

There are still some compilation warnings.

Please test. Make sure that the new configuration file is used, not
the old one that may be already installed. Tell me where it breaks :-)

I've added sanei_usb support and USB autodetection. Fixed some
Linux/gcc specific stuff. Renamed files as mentioned in my other mail.

Still todo:
- manpage
- AUTHORS/sane.man
- Fix warnings
- Testing

Whom should I mention as author in AUTHORS? Who is maintaining the
backend?