[sane-devel] HP7400 on usb

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:12:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

Thanks for the report,

So all normal scanning works fine?

The ADF (on this scanner) was known to be broken before the USB code
rewrite in the Avision backend (ADF work well on my AV 8000 ...). Such
ADF and transparency scans were also the cause why I added user-space
USB code. So you only need to pwer-cycle the scanner; instead of the
wohle machine (with the often hangin hpusbscsi ...).

I'll try to look into all this as soon as possible - but currently I
invest every minute into getting ROCK Linux 2.0 (www.rocklinux.org)
out ...

On: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:58:06 +0200 (CEST),
    Ondrej Koala Vacha <koala@fi.muni.cz> wrote:
> =

> =

> I tried this scanner on other computer with RH7.3 linux and kernel. =

> Usb is ohci hardware version.  =

> Basic scan works, scanner was founded as 'avision:libusb:002:004'.
> The scan with feeder (option --adf) loaded approx. 10cm of paper (A4)=
 into =

> feeder, then printed 'Ready' on display and usb had timeout.
> =

> Here is my script:
> =

> SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=3D8 scanimage -d avision:libusb:002:004 \
> --resolution 120 \
> -x 210mm \
> --contrast 92 \
> --adf=3Dyes  \