[sane-devel] New Scanner?

Jason Glazebrook glazey@sendtome.com
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:33:40 -0600

I'm using sane 1.0.9 from gentoo (www.gentoo.org). I think it is the latest they have, but I could be wrong. I have a Memorex MEM48u which looks like it is an Artec +48u scanner from everything I've found. My firmware is Artec48.usb as well. The only thing different from my scanner and everything I found on the internet is the product ID. Mine is 0x4005, which can not be found anywhere. The Vendor ID 0x05d8 is the same as all the others, just the product is different.

My question: Is this enough to cause sane not to work? If so is it a reasonably easy fix? Is there any hope?

Thank you,
   Jason