[sane-devel] g_NCR5380.o is hang up

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Apr 7 19:26:04 BST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 06:50:36PM +0000, José López Ruiz wrote:
> Messages in boot time:
>
> isapnp: Scannig for PnP cards
> isapnp: Card 'DTC436E'
> isapnp: 1 Plug & Play card detected total

Nice. PnP never actually worked for my DTC cards. But it's long time
ago...

> Terminal:
> Command: modprobe g_NCR5380 ncr_addr=0x280 dtc_3181e=1
>
> Messages in the terminal:
> Scsi1: at port 0x240 irq 5 options CAN_QUEUE=16 CMD_PER_LUN=2 release=1
>            generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE USLEEP USLEEP_POLL=1
> USLEEP_SLEEP=20 generic release=7
> Scsi1: Generic NCR5380/53C400 Driver

Looks like the driver didn't accept the address and instead used
0x240. Maybe that one is already used by something else? And I would be
really surprised if the IRQ works at all. Try to disable it with
ncr_irq=255.

Is there another SCSI controller or the idescsi module installed?

> AFTER THE SYSTEM IS HANG UP!!!

These cards are crap. Even if they work, they are pretty slow with
most scanners. But at least for me, all of them worked (when I had ISA
slots). But I didn't use PnP.