[sane-devel] Fujitsu fi-4120c, libusb removed on Redhat 9, using sane cvs, can't scan both sides using xscanimage

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Apr 7 19:51:52 BST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:08:54PM -0500, Peter Chen wrote:
> As I said in last email, I installed Redhat 9 and removed libusb, installed
> sane cvs, now it's working as before.

I would be surprised if there was a direct connection to the removal
of libusb.

> But I could not use xscanimage to scan both sides of the document, it showed
> 'invalid argument', is it not supported in Fujitsu fi-4120c's driver?

I guess you didn't remove the old SANE installation before installing
the new one. configure even explicitely warns about this problem.
So the graphical frontends still use the old sane-backends which
doesn't have support for your scanner.

For details on your options, please search the archive. It's explained
quite often on this list.