[sane-devel] Fwd: Problems after upgrading to Redhat 8.0

Nicholas Robinson npr at bottlehall.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 16:46:09 BST 2003

Subject: Problems after upgrading to Redhat 8.0
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:01:56 +0100
From: Nicholas Robinson <npr at bottlehall.freeserve.co.uk>
To: sane-devel-admin at www.mostang.com

Hi

I've been using sane and xsane with a snapscan 1236 for over a year and
upgraded a number of times. I usually use xsane across the network and have
no trouble.

I've just upgraded to RH8.0 and my sane-backends and xsane were 'upgraded'.

I've now got sane-backends 1.0.8 and xsane 0.90-1.

I now can't run xsane either on the local machine with the scanner attached
 or across my network. If I do a sane-find-scanner on the local machine as an
 ordinary user then I can see the device and also through /proc/scsi/scsi.
 Whenever I try xsane (or scanimage, xscanimage, etc.) I am told there are no
 sane devices available.

Can anyone suggest why this is?

Regards

Nick