[sane-devel] Problems with CX-3200

Tyler Montbriand tsm at accesscomm.ca
Thu Apr 10 00:03:22 BST 2003

Running Mandrake 9.0 with custom kernel
Kernel:  2.4.21-0.11
Xsane:  0.87
libsane: 1.0.8-5

I've managed to get my Epson CX-3200 print/scan/copy device working very well
with Linux, for the most part.  Printing through CUPS works fine, and I've
finally managed to get SANE configured to use my scanner.  How simple it is
when you know how...

As for what driver it's using, 'scanimage -L' gives
'device `Epson:/dev/usb/scanner0' is a Epson CC-570L scanner' and that works -
for the most part.  There is one obnoxious problem, however;  when the
scanner decides it needs to warm up for awhile first(the LCD on the front
panel says 'warming up'), Xsane waits awhile, gives an error popup message,
then spinlocks(taking 100% cpu) until it's killed.  Upon restarting Xsane,
the scanner's warmed up by now and works again.  Is this a known problem?